With the January transfer window now open across Europe, there is plenty of gossip about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Villa turn to Henrique after Williams snub
Aston Villa have turned their attention to the young Brazilian talent Louise Henrique after failing to sign the Athletic Club striker Nico Williamsaccording to the Daily Mail.
The report states that Villa were ready to trigger Williams’ £45m release clause at the Bilbao club, which would have eclipsed the £34.6m paid to sign winger Emiliano Buendia in 2021 from Norwich City.
Williams has emerged as one of Europe’s top talents and impressed at the 2022 World Cup with Spain, but the 20-year-old reportedly prefers to stay in LaLiga for now.
With that, Villa manager Unai Emery is still looking for attacking reinforcements and has identified Henrique as a possible option. Henrique plays for Real Betis and the report says he has a transfer value of around £20 million. The 22-year-old Brazilian signed for Betis last summer from Botafogo and has managed three goals, along with five assists in all competitions this season.
Villa’s recent upturn in form under Emery has seen them slip away from the bottom three, but they are still keen to strengthen their forward options as they sit just three points clear of sixth-placed Brighton.
– Agios Perez is set to leave Leicester City, with a move to Real Betis imminent, according to Rudy Galetti. The report states that Betis have managed to resolve some issues with outgoing transfers, which has allowed a deal for Peres to close. Perez has been linked with a move away from Leicester since the start of the transfer window, with his lack of consistent game time this season.
– Tiemoue Bakayoko According to Calciomercato, he looks set to leave Milan and sign for Turkish side Adana Demirspor on a three-year deal. The 28-year-old midfielder is nearing the end of his two-year loan at Milan, however, it is believed that an early end to his loan spell will see him sign for the Super Lig side.
– Nottingham Forest step up interest in Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Keylor Navas following Dean Henderson’s injury, according to the Daily Mail. Henderson picked up a thigh injury in Forest’s clash with Leicester earlier in the month and it remains unclear when he will return. This has reportedly increased their interest in Navas, who is behind Gianluigi Donnarumma at PSG.
– THiago Silva is open to a new Chelsea contract, according to the Mirror. Silva’s current deal is set to expire at the end of the season, however, and it is believed Graham Potter is keen not to miss out on the experience the 38-year-old Brazilian offers.
– Southampton have turned their attention to Marseille Baba Dieng after a mystery from Nicholas Jackson, according to Express. The report says the Saints are looking to bolster their offensive options and have designated Dieng as an option. They are believed to have been keen on Jackson, however, and he now looks set to join AFC Bournemouth from Villarreal.