Barcelona eye Man City’s Bernardo Silva

The summer transfer window has closed for Europe’s major leagues. However, with an eye on January, there is plenty of gossip swirling about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Barcelona target Man City’s Bernardo Silva in January

Barcelona are ready to return to their pursuit of the Manchester City star Bernardo Silvaaccording to Sport.

The LaLiga side have been linked with the 28-year-old throughout the summer and are now reportedly confident they have the resources to pull off a deal. The Blaugrana are looking to make a number of January signings and manager Xavi Hernandez is reported to see Silva as an important part of his long-term plan at the Camp Nou.

The Portugal international has remained an integral part of Pep Guardiola’s side this season, making 19 appearances in all competitions for Manchester City. That could create difficulties in negotiations as Barcelona try to convince the Citizens to part ways with a key player in the middle of a Premier League title race.

But after his retirement Gerard Piquethe Catalan club now believe they have the resources to strike a deal when the winter transfer window opens, while also looking to deal with options in the center and on the right.

– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (US)

LIVE BLOG

10.16 GMT: Barcelona are in advanced negotiations for an extension Marcos AlonsoHis contract is for two more seasons with terms expiring next summer, sources told ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.

Also Read :  Cristiano Ronaldo suspended 2 games for 'improper' conduct in April match

Alonso, 31, joined on a free from Chelsea at the start of September after his contract with the Premier League club was mutually terminated. The Spanish left-back has only signed an initial one-year deal at the Camp Nou, but Barca have already expressed a desire to extend his stay for a further two seasons.

Alonso scored his first goal for Barca in the midweek win over Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League and has made 10 appearances in all competitions since signing. Many of those appearances have come at centre-back in recent weeks as Barca deal with a defensive injury crisis.

09.32 GMT: Wolverhampton Wanderers have appointed Julen Lopetegui as its new manager, the Premier League club announced on Saturday.

Former Spain, Real Madrid and Sevilla coach Lopetegui replaces caretaker manager Steve Davies, who took charge of the club after Bruno Lage was sacked last month.

The 56-year-old was Wolves’ first choice to replace Lage, but initially ruled himself out of contention for the job due to personal reasons. However, it has been a few weeks since talks have restarted, and he will take up the role after the club’s Championship game with Arsenal on November 12.

Wolves, 19th in the league with 10 points from 13 games, host Brighton & Hove Albion later on Saturday.

09:00 GMT: said Manchester United manager Erik ten Haag Donnie van de Beek he needs to improve when given the chance to prove his worth at the club, but he is not giving up on midfield just yet.

Also Read :  France announce World Cup 2022 squad: Varane called up and Deschamps will revert to 4-2-3-1

In his third season at United, Van de Beek is no closer to holding down a regular first-team place, having played just 19 minutes of Premier League football this season after spending the second half of last season on loan at Everton .

The 25-year-old got his first start of the season in the Europa League against Real Sociedad on Thursday night but was ineffective as United won 1-0.

“He had a good pre-season and then he got injured, now he’s back,” Ten Haag told a news conference ahead of United’s clash with Aston Villa on Sunday.

“I think it was a decent performance [against Sociedad] but it can be better. I know him very well [from Ajax].

“He gave what I expected in positions, pressing and in transition. I can only speak for him [at United] from my time here and I think he can do more.”

PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)

– Chelsea are getting ready to finish Denis Zakariahis loan deal in January, Calciomercato understands. Despite impressing in his performance against Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League on Wednesday night, it is reported that the Blues are still struggling to find a place for him as a regular starter in Graham Potter’s side and have no intention of activating the permanent option . clause of 28 million euros.

Also Read :  2022 FIFA World Cup futures picks, groups, odds: Soccer expert locks in best bets, USMNT predictions for Qatar

– Milan are watching closely Jakub Kiwior, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. The Serie A champions have been keeping a close eye on the 22-year-old Spezia centre-back in recent weeks and the Rossoneri could be preparing a move for his signature in January. The Poland international has made 12 Serie A appearances this season.

– Arsenal and Aston Villa are interested in the Villarreal star Alex Baenawrites Ekrem Konour. The 21-year-old winger has been a standout player for the Yellow Submarine this season and it seems that has caught the attention of Premier League clubs. He has scored four goals in 11 total appearances.

– New York City FC wants to keep Santiago RodriguezReferences Cesar Louis Merlot. The 22-year-old Uruguayan international attacking midfielder was a key player for the Doves during the regular season, contributing 18 goals in 35 games. It is understood they are evaluating the possibility of acquiring him on a new loan ahead of next season.

– Fiorentina midfielder Szymon Zurkowski is attracting interest from Bologna and Torino, Tuttosport understands. Reports suggest that the 25-year-old midfielder does not want to renew his contract in Florence and this could force the Viola to part ways with him in January to avoid losing him on a free transfer in the summer. He is yet to make a Serie A start in 2022-23.



Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Articles

Back to top button