Conor McGregor responds to Anthony Smith’s doping accusations, says next fight and Netflix docuseries are coming

We haven’t seen Conor McGregor fight since he broke his leg in a second straight loss to Dustin Poirier in July 2021. Since then, the former UFC champion has been quite exuberant in his hiatus. He had a lot to get off his chest on Twitter on Saturday, particularly regarding his status with the UFC’s anti-doping program.

He also took some time after a lengthy rant directed at UFC light heavyweight Anthony Smith to plug his upcoming projects.

Although he previously said a Netflix docu-series about his career would be released in January 2022, he announced Saturday that he “just finished executive producing the first episode.”

“This documentary will be out before my next fight, episode 1, of 4. And the full 4 will be out before my Hollywood debut,” McGregor tweeted.

McGregor stars alongside Jake Gyllenhaal in a reboot of Patrick Swayze’s 1989 movie “Roadhouse.”

“You’re going to see what’s what here. And it’s not free,” McGregor added.

Also Read :  Neil Young Talks to Conan O’Brien About His Best, Worst TV Appearances – Rolling Stone

McGregor shoots at Anthony Smith

McGregor’s two-hour Twitter spree began early Saturday morning in response to Smith’s comments about his injury recovery.

“It bugs the f*** out of me that he pulled himself out of the USADA testing pool,” Smith said recently on Michael Bisping’s “Believe You Me” podcast.

“There is only one reason why you would do that. He looks like shit. You keep seeing videos of him bowing in front of mirrors and screaming and he’s huge. He healed really fast. Like, really fast,” he added.

McGregor has absolutely put on weight and recently shared that he would be “clear for testing in February”, seemingly bypassing the required six months of test pool availability.

He is reportedly used an “extraordinary circumstances” clause to be cleared sooner.

Smith listed Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva as fighters who still have complications and have not received the same treatment as McGregor.

“I talked to Weidman today… He’s still struggling to come back. Anderson took a long time. Corey Hill took a long time. Anyone who broke their leg took a long time. He seems to be quite healthy. It just bothers me that he can jump out of the pool, juice whatever he’s juiced and then just jump back in the pool,” Smith said.

“Everything was fully disclosed before I started. The state of allowance for athletes to recover from injuries as horrific as the one I suffered needs to be assessed,” McGregor said In his reply to Smith. “My thoughts are with Weidman and Anderson Silva. The 3 of us, and only us, know the seriousness of this injury,” he added.

That sentiment came after McGregor tell Smith “keep my name out of your fucking mouth,” accompanied by many name calling and teasing about a leg injury Smith suffered in his last fight against Magomed Ankalaev.

Also Read :  New Doctor Strange 2 Art Reveals Scrapped Plot Where Wanda Isn’t Evil

McGregor even decided to double black with a voice memo two hours later:

“This one goes out to Anthony Smith. Reports came out of your last match you broke the leg, and you sat there tripping… It was silence from your snare, so of course it was a miscalculation, he didn’t break your leg. So what was that?”

“I had those stress fractures and they built up over time – even over years of bumping people around. It builds up over time. So keep kicking, mate, until the leg snaps,” McGregor said.

“Get back in the cage and keep kicking until the leg f—ing completely snaps, and then you’re on my level. And then you will also go over what you have to do. I’m a big bad machine, what can I say? God decided it.”

10 July 2021;  Las Vegas, Nevada, USA;  Conor McGregor before his fight with Dustin Poirier during UFC 264 at T-Mobile Arena.  Mandatory Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports

Conor McGregor says we’ll see him back in the UFC Octagon and on our movie and TV screens. (NetGary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports)



Source

Also Read :  ‘Wednesday’ Officially Renewed for Season 2 by Netflix – The Hollywood Reporter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Articles

Back to top button